Jun. 2014 – Present: Freelance SEO Writer, Wpromote
• Create Search Engine Optimization (SEO) content such as articles, press releases, web copy and blog posts for Wpromote’s various clients, including Cabot Creamery, Outdoor Tech and In-Shape Health Clubs.
• Optimize and edit existing web copy, improve overall keyword density. Work with the account managers to create and pitch new content concepts to the clients.
Jun. 2010 – Present: Freelance Writer, Blogger and Copywriter
• Create and market articles covering niche topics ranging from lake surfing in Ohio to comic book culture in Los Angeles. Organize and coordinate all logistics. Published both online and in print. Examples include LA Weekly, Surfer and Huck.
• Craft white papers, press releases and website copy for marketing companies in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.
• Regularly contribute to Southbay. Blogger for Nerd Approved Media.
Feb. 2012 – Nov. 2012: Content Coordinator, Internet Brands
• Edited interviews, blog posts, articles and Web pages for financial, career and lifestyle sites, including Model Mayhem and Craftster. Optimized pages for SEO. Created newsletters using Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
• Analyzed performance of newsletters and Web content for the editorial division using ExactTarget and Google Analytics.
• Managed multiple social media accounts on a daily basis, and coordinated bloggers and freelance contributors.
Jun. 2011 – Oct. 2011: Editorial Assistant, Gayot Publications
• Wrote feature articles and product reviews for Gayot.com. Created and edited Web pages. Maintained the company’s WordPress blog and social media accounts. Conducted fact-checking, copy-editing and applied SEO to Web pages.
Jan. 2011 – May 2011: Editorial Intern and Reporter, The San Fernando Valley Business Journal
• Assisted the editorial team and the Editor-in-Chief Jason Schaff by researching story ideas, copy-editing, gathering photos, writing feature news pieces and working as a field reporter.
Oct. 2010 – Apr. 2011: Food and Travel Intern, Angeleno Magazine
• Worked directly with award-winning food critic and travel writer Brad A. Johnson.
• Actively supported the Food and Travel section by gathering content, copy-editing, writing Web articles, working with PR representatives, conducting interviews and reviewing premier food and travel events.
Master of Fine Arts, Creative Nonfiction
Goucher College, Baltimore, Maryland
Low Residency Program, Expected Completion July 2017
B.A. Humanities, Cum Laude, 2006–2010
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
Extensive knowledge of AP Style, HTML 5 and SEO. Software: Adobe InDesign CS5, Kompozer, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, GIMP, Microsoft Office and Final Cut Express. Conversant in Spanish.